Having a Schedule: So Far, So Good

Posted: January 11, 2012 in SmartLipo

Today marked day 2 of being back on having a schedule, getting up early, and being on campus in my little tiny office from 8-5. It’s actually been quite a nice change.

I’ve pretty much been a slug since I finished taking my prelims a couple of months ago. I was super burned out from that whole process, so I crashed into a nice, cushy spot on my couch and basically didn’t move except to clean the house and shower.

It was nice for a while. I did get a lot of non-academic stuff done.

I wrote lyrics and music to some songs that I’ve been toying around with for a while. They’re beautiful to me. Pretty soon they’ll even be up online, and I’ll post the link so you can go listen to them. One is the song I played for my family at New Years. One is a tribute to someone we all lost two years ago. One is a little song I wrote when I was sixteen. I’ll post the lyrics soon.

I finished editing (again) on my first novel, and now I’m ready to start shopping around for a literary agent (again), as soon as I steel myself for all the rejection letters I’m inevitably going to get (again).

I made a gingerbread house:

And baked lots of cookies:

…I gave most of them to people. I didn’t eat them. All.


I read a book by Buddy Levy. Who just happens to teach at my University. And whose email address I just happen to have. More on that later.

I hung out with my cat. He is just as pathetic as ever.

I also hit a Nissan. But that goes on the fail list. Hopefully, I get my precious precious truck back this week, all cleaned up and put back together and painted.

And, as you know if you’ve been reading, I booked my SmartLipo procedure, and just making that decision was life changing.

But, in some ways, it was harder to be at home, with no schedule, on the couch, than it is to be at work, on a nice, consistent schedule from 8-5, Monday through Friday. I’m a little relieved to be back to that. I feel productive.

And smart(er)…my first article is getting published in a couple of months. 🙂

This week I survived my first round music classes, including choir, convocation, and guitar. Next week I finally have my first voice lessons.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s